World Vision is one of the country’s largest child-focused humanitarian organizations. World Vision International is a Christian humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization.
Platform Availability :
Industry : NGO
- The client was using the Rackspace physical servers to host their charity application. They struggled with the maintenance difficulties and lack of scalability of the application supporting their operations. The customer was also experiencing more than normal downtime on Rackspace.
- The client chose to move their application to AWS Cloud to enable them to auto-scale and handle the application cost-effectively with the superior technology offered by AWS.
- With the enhanced security of data, auto-scaling, and automation requirements addressed by Scalex using AWS, the customer is now able to reduce the costs on their hosting by 35%.
- With Elastic Load Balancing, greater levels of fault tolerance in the applications were achieved seamlessly providing the required amount of load balancing capacity needed to distribute application traffic.
- Single overloaded server was converted into a cost-effective group of autoscale servers to handle traffic surges, and their whole deployment was simplified
- Now the World Visions’s system administrators are finding it much easier to maintain and manage the overall application. The team remains focused on their key initiatives and the day-to-day aspects of running the business.
Technologies we leveraged while developing World Vision
February 28, 2020
3690 Brownton Road, Mississippi