Business Analyst (Insurance Domain)
Pune Full-Time 5+ Years
- Good understanding of Property & Casualty Insurance domain and work experience in at least one of the operational areas - New Business, Policy Administration, Claims and Billing.
- Have very good knowledge in Personal or Commercial Lines of business.
- Must have exposure in Guidewire Product / property casualty underwriting.
- Should possess good experience in Analysis, Requirement gathering, Elicitation and testing.
- Good experience in developing high impact presentations (PPTs) for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct walkthroughs, workshops and meetings involving various business stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships, able to comfortably converse with.
- all facets in the client's organization.
- Excellent solution evaluation skills. Drive technology solutions from a holistic and business value perspective.
- Exposure/Experience in Agile SCRUM methodology.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understanding and analyzing business expectations.
- Conducting Gap Analysis and feasibility analysis during the project inception phase.
- Preparing Business process flows and eliciting the business requirements and documenting comprehensive business requirements.
- Collaborating with technical team to communicate and expound requirements and contributing to development of the requirements.
- Preparing business scenarios and supporting artifacts for the development and testing team.
- Conducting Insurance Domain training and product training for internal stakeholders.
- Responding to RFPs/RFIs.
- Preparing detailed process flows and demo scenarios.
- Create Architecture documents for different integrations touch points.
- Assist in the facilitation of meetings between the IT and business stakeholders.
- Design and document business and IT processes and workflows
- Understanding the features, functions, and capabilities of packaged solutions in order to achieve proper business requirements alignment and adaptation to package as needed.
- Participate in design sessions in prototyping new systems or enhancements.
- Strong requirements gathering and documentation skills.
- Analyze the impact of business requirements changes to the project.
- Work with the business stakeholders to rationalize and prioritize the business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into software requirements specifications.
- Collaborate with the technical resources to ensure that the system design adequately reflects the business requirements.
- Support the creation of system test plans.
- Assist with system integration and user acceptance testing.
- Analyse, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects.
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects.
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for team members required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when making large purchases on behalf of the company.
- Recruit and train exceptional employees to fulfil posted positions within the technical department.
- Update and maintain all production technologies ensuring proper maintenance and installation.
- Provide guidance and insight to upper management and procure buy-in.
- Report progress, including any changes made to plans and production.
- Deliver products consistently, on time, and on budget.
- Oversee user testing and report results—adjust requirements as needed.
- Review all work produced by the development team.
- Ensure code produced meets company standards.
- Effective Collaborator.
- Delivery Management.
- Risk Management.
- Quality Management.
- P & C insurance BA.
- Implement new initiatives/processes, practices, etc.
- Great communication, leadership, and social skills.
- Ability to work with a Startup & Agile culture.
- BE/MCA/MBA along with relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in insurance domain project management.
- Licenses and certifications in insurance, insurance data analytics, property and casualty underwriting preferable.
- Project Management Certifications/Agile Scrum Master Certification /ITIL preferable.
About The Company
Scalex is a Digital Engineering Company that partners with businesses to help them succeed in their Digital Transformation journey. Scalex provides end-to-end product development to thrive on changing business dynamics by leveraging the power of digital technologies such as Web, Mobility, Cloud, and Analytics.
What differentiates us from other consulting businesses is, our focus on constant innovation and dedication to the products or solutions we work on for our customers. With the fast pace of innovation and changing technology, the end products are updated constantly and rapidly. So, our engineers are therefore enjoying the challenge of learning new technologies and synthesizing the acquired knowledge to solve business and real word problems. We follow agile work culture, where we believe in giving autonomy and flexibility to our engineers. At the same time, they will be given responsibility distribution to deliver the best-in-class and quality solutions in time with the limited formalities.